BOYD'S SPEEDWAY HISTORY
History: First opened in as a clay oval in 1952 by its namesake, E.A. Boyd. Operated as a paved track from 1962 through 1976, with several NASCAR legends such as the Allisons and the Pettys making laps and scoring victories here. Converted back to dirt track in 1977.
Through the years Boyd’s has seen several owners and promoters, including the founders son Elmer Boyd. Boyd’s has also had it’s name changed many times: (Chattanooga International Raceway, Chattanooga Raceway Park, Tennessee-Georgia Speedway, State line Speedway, Tennessee Georgia Raceway), but it seems the original name was favored by the racers and fans no matter what official name it wore at the time. That’s why when the track was purchased in 2006 by George Shaw and Russ Ruskin the Boyd’s name was again used, and the Harvey's have chosen to go with the sentimental favorite for the same reason as well as Jason Jones and Timmy Ponders. December 31, 2020 The Russell family took ownership of the track and quickly put together an incredible 2021 races season focusing on family fun. The Russell family is excited to have generations of their family severing the race community at this track and looks forward to all the wonderful adventures ahead.