Alaska Raceway Park
Pruhs Construction Firecracker 100 Late Model Race $10,000 payout
Alaska Raceway Park is proud to announce the Pruhs Construction Firecracker 100 Late Model race. The event is scheduled for Saturday, July 14th, 2018 and will feature a $10,000 payout. Official rules are below.
NASCAR Firecracker 100 impound race program on July 14, 2018
• One set of tires, for practice, qualifying and racing, no changing any tires except for verifiable damage
• Racer will declare and tech inspector will verify which engine and weight category he is running
• Cars will be inspected before they are allowed on the track and tire serial numbers will be recorded
• Cars will again be inspected and scaled before they qualify and impounded immediately after qualification
• No one allowed in impound area until lining up for the feature and then only the driver and 1 pit crew and only allowed to adjust tire pressure. No other adjustments of any kind
• Practice, qualify, no heat race, then impound until start of feature event
• After 50 laps race is stopped on the track in front of spectators for interviews, etc. The crew can come out to assist (bring water, fuel & miscellaneous hand-carried items). Only ATVs or hand-pulled carts may be used for this.
• Restart will be side by side, any future restarts under the yellow will be single file.
• Lucky Dog rule will apply; the first car to get lapped will restart in the tailback position of the lead lap, not one lap down.
• Any racer that causes 3 yellows goes to the pits.
• $10,000 purse
“Rules Subject to modification”
Submitted By: Michelle Maynor